Giveaway of the Day - Macrium Reflect
June 16, 2008This giveaway is not available any more.
Macrium Reflect is an award winning disk imaging and file backup solution for Windows XP, Vista and Server 2003.
Disk Imaging: Using the latest compression and multi threading techniques, Macrium Reflect has unrivalled disk imaging speed. Full, differential and incremental images can be restored or mounted as a virtual drive in Windows Explorer.
System Recovery: Macrium Reflect is the only imaging solution to offer Linux, BartPE, *and* Windows PE 2.0 based system recovery options.
File backup: Backup files and folders to a compressed virtual drive in Windows. Restore your data with a simple wizard or use Windows Explorer copy and paste.
NB: Vista x64 users, please, download Macrium Reflect from the following links (Main Link / Mirror Link).
Please note that you can purchase additional Windows PE component for only $5 using those links:
32 bit Windows PE component: https://www.regnow.com/softsell/nph-softsell.cgi?items=17447-2
64 bit Windows PE Component: https://www.regnow.com/softsell/nph-softsell.cgi?items=17447-3
Note also that due to Microsoft licensing the Windows PE component cannot be distributed free of charge.
Another important note – you must run activate.exe before you run setup.exe!
This software was available as a giveaway on June 16, 2008, this giveaway is not available any more.
You can download the trial version of this software at http://www.macrium.com.
Terms and conditions
Please note that the software you download and install during the Giveaway period comes with the following important limitations:
1) No free technical support; 2) No free upgrades to future versions; 3) Strictly personal usage.
THIS SOFTWARE PRODUCT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND,
EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. WITHOUT LIMITATION, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT
ALLOWABLE BY LAW, END USER ASSUMES THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY AND
PERFORMANCE OF THE DOWNLOADED SOFTWARE PRODUCT.
- Create a single backup file of one or more folders on you hard disk
- Include and exclude filter ensures that you only backup relevant files.
- Browse the backup file as a virtual FAT32 hard drive in Windows Explorer.
- Files in use by Windows (such as Outlook .pst files) are backed up even when locked!
- Multiple compression levels.
- Backup files can be saved to local or network drives or optical storage (CD, DVD)
- Optionally exclude system and hidden files.
- Supports Incremental and Differential backups.
- Password protect backups to prevent unauthorized access.
- Restore specific files or the entire backup.
- Restore to any location.
- Create a single backup file of a complete hard disk
- Create a single backup file of one or many partitions
- Restore a partition to a different type. e.g. a logical partition can be restored as a bootable primary partition
- Resize the restored partition. A hard disk upgrade can easily be performed by increasing the partition to fill the new disk.
- Track 0 (The Master Boot Record) is saved with all backups.
- Backup files can be saved to local or network drives or optical storage (CD, DVD).
- Disk image can be created whilst Windows is in use.
- Verify images. Images (Backup files) can be separately verified or automatically verified before restore.
- System files such as ‘pagefile.sys’ and ‘hiberfile.sys’ are not included in the image.
- Three compression levels can be selected to optimize between file size and speed.
- Password protect images to prevent unauthorized access.
- AES 256 bit encryption for ultimate security.
- Set image filenames automatically.
- Schedule daily, weekly or monthly.
- Unattended completion.
- Automatic incremental / differential images.
- Automatic disk space management for local / remote hard drives.
- Full logging of all backup operations.